Alejandro G. Carlstein Ramos Mejia
The main purpose of this blog is for me to return to the society the education and help that was given to me. Many posts in this blog are answers to questions I was given; as well as, things I wish to share with everyone.
Zip code: 80211
Web Site: http://www.acarlstein.com
US citizen, lived in Argentina since very young, I returned to the United States of America so I could know more about my country and continue my education. When searching for a company, I am looking to be part of an organization where I can contribute as a dedicated and reliable team member, while continuing to learn and grow professionally.
IQNavigator – Westmister, Colorado (November 2015 – present)
Java Developer II
Coded, maintained, and tested application components in a collaboration environment using Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
• IQN Front Office VMS Platform: Vendor Management System developed by using Java on Spring framework, BEA WebLogic Server, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Oracle Database 11g, Splunk and Jenkins.
Self-Employed – Vestal, New York (June 2014 – November 2015)
IT Consultant at Hourglass Applications
Providing services to the company Hourglass Applications. Involved in a variety of applications and research development.
• Browser Alexia: A browser for people with dyslexia.
• Jog 101: A simple application based on the walk/run technique.
The Raymond Corporation – Greene, New York (March 2012 – May 2014)
Programmer Analyst IV
The Raymond Corporation is a Toyota material handling solution provider company. Acted as project leader designing, coding, testing, documenting and maintaining large complex programs. Provided leadership, support, and technical guidance to all levels of personnel over technical, programming, and system related issues.
• IBM WebSphere Cast Iron: Designed, coded, tested, documented and maintained integrations which synchronize information between different databases such as AS400, MS SQL Servers, and cloud solutions such as Oracle CRM on Demand and Big Machines using SOAP and REST web services.
• Asaichi Strips: Designed, coded, tested, documented and maintained website running on ColdFusion 8.0 and 9.0.2 accessing databases (MS SQL Server and AS400) and providing export services (CSV, XLS, and PDF). Agile programming approach similar to SCRUM was used when building this system.
• Contractor Manager System: Redesigned RMIS for Human Resources department, coded using PrimeFaces framework, tested, documented and maintained website running on Apache Tomcat 7.0/8.0 with access to MS SQL 2012 Server database.
• HR E-Application: Modified website running on ColdFusion 8.0 with functionalities that included accessing to MS SQL 2008 and email services.
• Atlassian Jira and Confluence: Used Groovy to export tickets from TrackIT! into Jira and MDR structure into Confluence.
• Microsoft SharePoint: Export documentation from Atlassian Confluence into Microsoft SharePoint.
Hourglass Applications – Binghamton, New York (May 2011 – March 2012)
Programmer and Developer Involved in an application development for Android phones and Nook tablets using Java and Eclipse, in partnership with David W. Corrigan, MS (Phone: 607.239.2702).
• Cupid for Stupid for Android and Nook: This application was built using Java and Eclipse.
o Google Market URL: Go to Cupid-4-Stupid in the Google Market
o Barnes & Noble Market URL: Go to Cupid-4-Stupid in the Barnes & Noble Market
o URL: http://www.cupid-4-stupid.com
Staples – Vestal, New York (2008 – 2010)
Sales and customer services.
Broome Community College – Binghamton, New York (January 2007 – December 2008)
Computer Lab Student Support
Maintained a positive learning environment in the computer laboratory and provided instructional support service to credit students. Provide support to students on topics such as Visual Basic, Visual C# .NET, Visual C++ .NET, Structured Programming, Object Oriented Programming, Microprocessors and Assembly Language Programming, Data Structures, Problem Solving and Communication Tools, and Digital Logic.
Fusion Development, Inc. – Coral Springs, Florida (January 2004 – December 2006)
Project Manager in Charge of Applications Development
In-depth expertise in all aspects of business application life cycles including training, project management, analysis, and programming. Worked with clients to identify their business requirements and translate them to IT.
• Tic-Tac-Toe 3D for BluePepper Technologies, Inc.: Acted as project leader by designing, testing and documenting 3D tic-tac-toe for BlackBerry market built using C.
• Tango Advertising Banners: Designed advertising banners using Macromedia Fireworks for Tango Group in Miami, Florida.
BluePepper Technologies Inc. – Coral Springs, Florida (January 2003 – December 2004)
Developed, designed, and wrote PHP programs that were instrumental in the success of four projects related with telephone and wireless technology; also, maintenance of the company website. Performed installation, maintenance, configuration, and repair PC Networks.
• MTeam: Instant conferencing for business subscribers. URL: Go to MTeam
• Ping: Instant conferencing for young adults and teens. URL: Go to Ping
• SvMS: Short voice message services. URL: Go to SVMS
• PASS: Patient automatic scheduling services.
APEX Voice Communications – Coral Springs, Florida (October 2001 – December 2004)
Web Programmer / Designer
Ecconet S. A. – Buenos Aires, Argentina (March 2000 – June 2001)
Maintenance, configuration and repair of PC Networks.
||Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2008 R2/2012, MySQL 4.0/5.0/5.5, Microsoft Access 97/2000/2003/2010, dBase III Plus
||Grails, PrimeFaces, JSF, .NET, ASP
||ANSI, POSIX, STL, MFC, OpenGL, jQuery
||SOAP, REST, AJAX
||IIS 6.0/7.0, Apache Tomcat 5.5/7.0/8.0, ColdFusion 8.0/9.0
||IntelliJ 14/15, Xcode 6.2/6.3/6.4, NetBeans 7.0/8.0, Eclipse, IBM WebSphere Cast Iron, QT, Visual Studio 6.0/.NET 2003/2008, Omnivox, Microsoft FrontPage 2000
||Git, Perforce, SVN
||Macromedia Flash 5/MX/MX 2004/CS3/CS6, Macromedia Fireworks 3/4/MX/MX 2004/CS3/CS6, Adobe Photoshop CS3
||Mac OSX 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10, Linux Ubuntu/Red Hat/Debian/Suse/Mint, Microsoft Windows 3.10/3.11/95/98/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7/8, MS-DOS 4.01/5.0/6.22/7.0/8.0
SUNY Binghamton University Broome, New York (January 2009 – May 2011)
Bachelor in Computer Science
• GPA: 3.25/4.00
• ACM member
Broome Community College – Binghamton, New York (January 2007 – December 2008)
Associate in Computer Science
• GPA: 3.12/4.00
• Dean’s List 2007
• Computer Club and ACM member
Broward Community College – Coconut Creek, Florida (August 2002 – May 2006)
Course work in Computer Science
• GPA: 3.28/4.00
• President of the Computer Club
Escuela de Educación Técnica No. 3 – San Isidro, Buenos Aires, Argentina (March 1995 – December 2000)
High-school and Technician in Electronics diploma
Fluent in English and Spanish
Jogging, sculpture, pottery, electronics, and motorcycling
PROFESSIONAL / TECHNICAL DEVELOPMENT
ExitCertified – Centennial, Colorado
• Working with Groovy and Grails – January 2016
Broome Community College – Binghamton, New York
• Communicating at Work – June 2012
APEX Voice Communications – Coral Springs, Florida
• OmniVox 4.2 for Windows 2000 – August 2002
CADIA Ed. Ctr. – Capital Federal, Buenos Aires, Argentina
• Linux Operator and Administrator – December 2000
• Advanced C Programming – December 2000
• ASP 3.0 Programming – December 2000
• C Programming – June 2000
• Logical Programming – June 2000
• Microsoft FrontPage 2000 – June 2000
Instituto Tecnológico Superior de Informática Dr. Carlos N. Vergara – Buenos Aires, Argentina
• PC Repairs – October 2000
CIUA – Buenos Aires, Argentina
• Linux Operator – September 1999
IBM Argentina – Buenos Aires, Argentina
• Visual Basic Programming – October 1997
Compumatica – Buenos Aires, Argentina
• Operación PC (D.O.S. 6.2, Dbase III Plus) – February 1997
Fundamentos Intelectuales para el Desarrollo de la Inteligencia y el Aprendizaje (F.I.D.I.A) – Buenos Aires, Argentina
• Aprender a Aprender (26 horas cátedra) – April 1995
Genesis – Buenos Aires, Argentina
• Professional Write – November 1994